Delivery Over the Holidays - December 2023 - January 2024
We will all be taking a well deserved break over the Christmas Holidays. We will dispatch all orders purchased from 23rd December on or after the 4th January 2024.
- Merry Christmas to all our customers and thank you for supporting our small business.
UK DELIVERY (EXCLUDING FURNITURE): WE TRY OUR HARDEST TO ENSURE MOST ORDERS ARE SENT OUT THE SAME DAY OR THE NEXT WORKING DAY.
- We use Royal Mail Tracked Service for our normal delivery service for leather bags and this usually takes 2-3 working days from despatch to arrive.
- We use Royal Mail Second Class service for smaller items such as leather journals, smaller bags and leather accessories which means they can take 2- 4 working days to arrive.
- Please allow 7 full working days before notifying us of any delays in the arrival of your order. We will do our very best to track your order. We work within Royal Mail's recommended delivery times which are based on normal weather and operational conditions. In exceptional and unforeseen circumstances (such as Icelandic volcanoes - this did actually happen to us once!) there could be delays that result in an order arriving later than expected.
- Sometimes your postie or courier person might need you to sign for your parcel. If you aren't there when they try to deliver the parcel may be taken to your local Royal Mail or courier collection office (for one week), and a card showing you the re-delivery options should be left for you. You can always ring and check with us if you think they have forgotten to leave the card. Parcels that are not collected by you from the depot get sent back to us and we would, unfortunately, have to charge to send it back out.
- If you live in a very remote (and presumably gorgeous) part of the UK, there may be additional charges for delivery from couriers. We will contact you as soon as we can after you have placed your order to discuss any extra charges that may apply to the delivery of your order as unfortunately, we aren't able to add the extra charge when an order is placed.
NEXT DAY GUARANTEED DELIVERY: IF YOU ARE A UK CUSTOMER AND NEED YOUR ORDER IN A HURRY, OR GUARANTEED WITHIN 3 DAYS, WE REALLY RECOMMEND YOU USE OUR UK NEXT DAY GUARANTEED DELIVERY SERVICE.
- If you choose our UK Next Day Guaranteed service, we will despatch your order the same day if orders are received before 2pm Monday - Friday. Orders received after 2pm will be despatched the next working day.
- The slightly complicated bit: Guaranteed Next Day orders placed before 2pm on Friday will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after 2pm on Friday will be despatched on Monday afternoon to arrive on Tuesday.
- We are unable to offer a Guaranteed Saturday Delivery service.
- This service is only available in mainland Britain and BT postcodes in Northern Ireland.
CLICK AND COLLECT
If local to our Cupar Head Office, you can opt for click and collect at checkout. This service is free. Please note that you can only collect when we are open for business (9am-5pm Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm Saturdays). We will email you with the process to follow when your order is ready for collection. Please bear in mind that some furniture items may take a few days to be ready for collection, so please don't arrive to collect your order until we have advised you that it is ready.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: MOST OF OUR ORDERS SENT OVERSEAS ARE SENT WITH ROYAL MAIL AND TAKE ABOUT 5-10 WORKING DAYS TO ARRIVE IN EUROPE AND 5-20 WORKING DAYS TO US/CANADA/NZ/AUSTRALIA.
- If your order has not arrived after 25 working days please contact us and we will try and track it for and see what the hold up is. We will do our very best to track your order but these dates are the ones recommended by Royal Mail/UPS/DPD and are based on normal weather and operational conditions. In exceptional and unforeseen circumstances (such as Icelandic volcanoes - this did actually happen to us once!) there could be delays that result in an order arriving later than expected.
- If you live in a remote area (which is presumably totally gorgeous!), or if your parcel weighs more than 2kg, there may be additional charges for delivery. We will contact you as soon as we can after you have placed your order to discuss any extra charge that may apply to the delivery of your order but unfortunately, we are unable to add the extra charge when an order is placed.
- The important bit: Orders placed from outside the UK may be subject to taxes and duty on arrival at the destination country and the delivery price does not include these charges. Scaramanga does not control import duty charges and we aren't liable to pay any of these charges so please check if these apply before ordering https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
- If you are ordering for delivery to an EU country* you will be required to pay VAT and any applicable duties and a processing fee to the courier/postal service before they deliver your order.
VAT will be around 20% but could vary depending on the country's rate, our leather goods are duty-free and the customs processing fee is approximately £12 for most of our bags. The processing fee may vary depending on the value of the order and the courier/postal service used. For more information please get in touch. *EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden
- Unfortunately, we are NOT able to post orders using normal International Mail to the following regions or countries: Bosnia, Belarus, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, South America (excl Brazil) and Africa (excl South Africa). There may be other countries not on this list. However we may be able to arrange a courier delivery, so please email us for a delivery cost and we will see what we can do
FURNITURE, WOODEN CHESTS AND TRUNKS, AND LARGER HOME ACCENTS:
Orders for our most of our lovely furniture, homewares and interiors ranges are usually packed by our hard-working Graeme and dispatched within 5 working days. If you need something in a hurry though - let us know, and we will do our best. Sometimes our larger pieces (wardrobes, armoires and floor mirrors) may take up to 2 weeks to be despatched if Graeme needs to use our specialist courier**.
- Couriers and pallet deliveries require a signature on delivery of your order and where a signature is not provided the courier will hold the package and a card detailing how to arrange re-delivery will be left.
- Orders returned to us due to non-delivery will be re-sent at the expense of the customer.
- We can only deliver on weekdays, should you require delivery on Saturday please contact us for a price.
- Pallet deliveries: Larger items or fragile or pieces of furniture weighing over 30kg may take up to 7 working days to despatch and a further 2 working days to be delivered by pallet.
- **Specialist Courier: Very large and very fragile orders are delivered by one of our specialist delivery partners. They may take up to 2 weeks to deliver your order - however, they will call you and arrange a mutually convenient time and date, which may include weekends and evenings.
- If you live more remote area/or an area that is considered a long way from us there may be additional charges, requested after you have placed your order, for delivery to certain locations; these include the following locations and postcodes: the Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands, BT, KA27- KA28, KW, HS, IM, IV, PA20 - PA49, PA60 - PA78, PH17 - PH44, PH49 - PH50, PO30 - PO41, TR21 - TR, TA, TN, EX, LD, LL, PL, SA, and ZE. There may be other postcodes not in this list. We will contact you as soon as we can after you have placed your order to discuss delivery. Should you require delivery to one of these locations please contact us and we will provide you with a quotation.
- If you miss a scheduled pallet delivery a pallet redelivery surcharge of between £18 and £30 dependent on area will need to be paid before redelivery is made. This is a charge made by the delivery pallet network. KW, IV and PA postcodes may have higher surcharges.
- If there are any restrictions accessing your address that may hinder the delivery of furniture (for example, a narrow road that isn't accessible via HGV, or parking restrictions), you must tell us so we can arrange alternative transport. Any additional delivery costs incurred due to us not being informed of any restrictions will be passed onto the customer.
- Before the delivery, please ensure that there is sufficient access and space and that any staircases and lifts providing access are suitable for the delivery. Please move fragile objects which could be damaged during the delivery, including lights, vases, and pictures. Delivery is to the ground floor, but the delivery operatives may carry the piece to the room of your choice provided it is safe and practical to do so. However, if our delivery team believe it is unsafe to deliver the furniture to the room(s) of choice, then an alternative room will be agreed with you where possible.
- Before placing your order, check whether the furniture will fit through your home and into your ground floor room of choice. Measure doorways, ceiling heights, hallway widths and the clearance height and curves of your staircase. If you live in a flat, measure the communal areas that lead to your door, including any lifts.
- If an item has to be returned to us because it does not fit through doorways/passageways or up/down stairs the customer is liable for the return delivery costs.